Saturday, October 2, 2010

Parade 10/2/10

Today was the annual (1st Saturday in October) Frontier Days in Whitney TX. There are arts & crafts & food vendors, carnival, afternoon parade, evening rodeo & street dance. I've never been before, but decided to ride a horse in the parade. It was a surprisingly long parade and crowds of people in the street for a small town. Wish I could have taken pics along the parade route, but Pistol & I were holding on for dear life! So glad he's an experience parade horse with the crowds of people you could almost reach over and touch, sirens, floats with balloons, motorcycles, wagons, mini cars & motorcycles of Shriner's, politicians and more.........

Here's a nice carriage.
Here's a little wagon being pulled by a draft horse, which I am not familiar with. Cute.

Here's Pete watching the wagon circle behind him. (Warning: wagons are usually a novelty to regular horses.)

Waiting for the parade to start. Here's Pete's glittery behind, thanks to yours truly......

I stood up on a stool to take a picture of Pistol's glittery behind, but it didn't show up good here. At least he looks white, because he was not washed.......

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the calendar over at 7msn. I had to come over and say "hi" to a fellow Texan. I'm always glad to find a Texas blogger so I'm going to give you a follow. You should check out the Texas Blogging Gals, the link is on my sidebar. It's a great way to make blogging friends here in TX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cctxranch ... email me at the7msn at gmail dot com with your mailing address so I can send you your calendar. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete