Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dr Pepper

Instead of fighting the Tax Free Weekend shopping crowds yesterday, I decided to mingle among the crowds of visitors at the Dr Pepper Museum in Waco. They were having the second annual Dog Days of Summer event which meant free admission! Dr Pepper was created by a pharmacist at the Corner Drug Store in Waco in 1885. It is one of the oldest soft drinks in America and was bottled in Waco until moving to Dallas around 1923. The museum is in the original 1906 bottling company building.

Can you imagine how many glass bottles bounced out of the wood cases while driving down bumpy streets/roads?

I know these photos are rather poor quality. I blame: all of the light coming through the glass windows and doors of this 1906 building, the height of some of these items, all of the people walking in front of me and behind me, a point & shoot camera, and finally the OPERATOR of the camera!



The bright spot in this photo is me behind the camera :)


Guess I need to visit Dublin (TX) and report on what is known as Dublin Dr Pepper. They started bottling DP just a few years after Waco and are still operating. They still make Dr Pepper the old fashioned way...with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar (from Sugar Land TX)!

No comments:

Post a Comment