Monday, August 23, 2010

It was a Monday.........

The work week started off okay. But then only a few hours later, I was home eating lunch and when I went to let the dog in.........she had a bird in her mouth.  I tried to bribe her with a dog treat to come inside, but she wasn't going to let go of the bird. Got hot going outside to deal with the dog. I eventually left her outside while she was eating the bird (almost lost my lunch). We broke another record high today. It was 107. The A/C at work struggled to keep up and lost. The last 2 hours were pretty miserable. It was 82 when I left. The truck's thermometer showed 116 when I started the truck. It eventually dropped to 109 by the time I got home........Shortly after leaving work, while at an intersection on a bridge, just as soon as the light turned green......I heard a siren. Well, there was an ambulance right beside me wanting to turn left. It would have been nice if they had turned on the siren BEFORE the light. With the A/C blowing full blast, it took me a while to determine where the siren was coming from........



Let's see, on Sunday morning I discovered my new water hose was stolen from the from the front of my house. Such a strange and scary thing to happen. Let's think positive........
I'm off work tomorrow and will probably go buy another water hose. Yeah!!!!  It's only money and the high is predicted for 104 or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment